Friday, March 4, 2011

Pictures, Updates & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus

Goodness!!!!

We have been over 2 weeks now without internet. Tomorrow, it will finally come! I promise I will be more frequent with goodies to share once my blog becomes easily accessible! We are finally getting settled into our home though, we have a kitchen table, a couch (YAY!) and our bed set up. I never had any idea getting a house & then filling it up and THEN organizing it could be so much work. Oh so naiive.

I've made far too many foods to give you all of the recipes in one blog, so I thought I'd post up some of the pictures and then in the week to follow I will post recipes. Let me know which ones you want first and if you would like, I will post those first :) BUT!!! I wont leave you completely empty handed today. I will end the post with the most amazing hummus I've ever made/had/tasted.

No. I'm not joking ;)

First, I'd like to show you our wonderful kitchen table.....
You know, where we eat the food :)

Voila! 

Once I took this... I suddenly became inspired...














The inspiration did not stop there.. (obviously)

















:) Too much fun. I'm thinking of getting a few of them printed out and framing them.
Yes, I'm a part time hippie. At least they would be original photos :)

Now.... on to the food :)












:) Hope they look as good as they taste! FYI, that last one is a chocolate chip cookie dough smoothing :) soo good!



Sundried Tomato Hummus:

(Yep. I stuck my finger in it)


The recipe:

1 15oz can of Garbanzo Beans rinsed & drained (in warm water to soften them up)
2 T tahini
1 T olive oil
.5 garlic clove (it was reallly huge, so I used half. A full small one would work)
Juice of .5 lemon (I didn't juice it entirely.. just mostly lol)
About 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (I used sea salt so I only put 1-/4)
1/4-1/2 c sundried tomatoes(I didn't use the jar kind that are packed in oil. So I soake them in water to reconstitute them)
And a1/4 slice of jalepeno without seeds (I just happened to have it so I threw it in there.. delicious)
About 3/4 cup of water.

Process everything Except the water. I basically just slowly poured water in (stopping the processor while doing so) slowly until it got to the consistancy I wanted. It was probably in the processor for a good 8 minutes so just let it go once it has enough water. It'll get super creamy.


Enjoy!! :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment