Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh That's Why I'm Easy, I'm Easy Like Sunday Morning

I love Saturday & Sunday mornings. No need to rush, just to take the day calmly and peacefully.
I also love Sunday evenings. Mostly due to Desperate Housewives.

Yesterday Joe took me to a nearby farm that starting in May, allows us to pick our own fruits! We didn't know that we had to wait until may. But the trip didn't leave us empty handed :)


Half a barrel of apples and an overflowing basket of blueberries!


I LOVE apples :)

Yesterday I started with a standard juice. Four carrots & two oranges.

Around lunchtime I made Joe some vegan pancakes with a strawberry & pineapple compote to top. Unfortunately, we were both super hungry and I lacked taking a photo of his... I took a photo of my raw pancakes though, via my new Ani Phyo raw book. I also drizzled them with agave nectar. Once I did that, they were in my mouth.. so unfortunately, no pictures of that either :)


Topped with sliced banana & pineapple. These are actually made out of Brazil nuts, flax meal and bananas! They are surprisingly fluffy and delicious inside. Super nourishing. I was filled with energy for hours after I ate these guys!

Joe and I ready for the day after we filled our happy bellies:


While we were out and about, I picked up a couple of these:

These give me the most insane amount of energy! Forget ever drinking coffee... this is the good stuff.

Also.. while out and about :) I picked up some of these:




I FINALLY got my Vibram's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay :)
Joe & I are going running tomorrow. I know, I know, I have to start slow. These work your muscles in the way they should.. meaning the way our bodies were meant to while running barefoot.. and in doing so prevent injury. I started running a while back but had to stop due to the bones in my knees/shins/thighs hurting. I'm super excited to get going again though!

For dinner, Joe decided he wanted a Greek chicken-y salad. I told him if he makes his chicken & salad, I would make a couscous side to go with it.

Couscous recipe will be below the photos. Joe said he wouldn't share his chicken recipe with you all, due to my blog being a vegan blog. ;)





:) It's a pretty dinner, isn't it? :)
The presentation was all Joe.

Couscous Side Dish Recipe:

1 c couscous
1.5 c water
1 carrot peeled and grated
1/4 c chopped red pepper
1/4 c currants, soaked in water (just enough water to cover)
1 T chopped parsley

Dressing- 1/4 c EVOO
2 T lemon juice
1 T apple cider vinegar
3 T agave nectar
1/4 t mustard
sprinkle of salt & fresh cracked pepper

Bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat, add couscous. Stir, let sit about 45-60 seconds and turn off heat. Cover pot and let sit about 4-5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Pour couscous into a bowl to cool and set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. You will actually be using probably half of this, I made extra for Joe to pour over his salad.

In the bowl of couscous, add your remaining ingredients, including the currant's soaking water and mix to disperse ingredients. Add dressing and mix.

Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!

For myself I made raw rosemary garlic mashed potatoes (jicama) and collard wraps stuffed with avocado, cucumber, olives, sun dried tomato and drizzled with spicy Thai dressing:

These were really good! For sure going to make them again!

I hope you all are having a great weekend! I will probably be blogging again tonight. Possibly tomorrow morning... but for now....
Out of my kitchen!

<3

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment