Monday, March 21, 2011

Snowballs & Doughnuts!

Just a quickie morning blog...


I think I've finally got the hang of using my doughnut pan!
I told Joe last week that I would make doughnuts for him & the guys at work.
They were so fun to decorate! I used the original recipe for the actual dough from Mama Pea at peasandthankyou.com.
I made 3 different glazes.
Glaze 1: 1/2 c powdered sugar + 1 T nondairy milk
Glaze 2: 1/2 c peanut butter chips + 1 T coconut oil (microwave, mix & drizzle)
Glaze 3: 1/2 c chocolate chips + 1 T coconut oil (microwave, mix & drizzle)
and sprinkles :)


:)
They look so happy!

It's started off pretty gloomy looking here in Dayton today. I'm hoping it clears up soon! I just finished my apple carrot orange juice. Delicious. Fresh juice wakes you up so quickly. Since the fibers have been removed from the fruits/veg, your body doesn't have to do any digestion to break them down and you immediately absorb all of the nutrients & enzimes. It's fabulous! I really recommend juicing at home. There is nothing like fresh juice!

This morning I'm heading off to Zumba and I am so excited for this afternoon when Joe and I will go running and I can break in my new Vibram's. Can't wait!

I must also show you the snowballs I made last night.



These guys are sooo yummy! I got the recipe out of "Raw Food Real World" by Matthew Kenney & Sarma Melngailis. They taste JUST LIKE cookie dough! Who would ever guess they were 100% raw and free of dough? Not me. Joe said they were "magnificent!"
They're actually made out of Brazil nuts! They are packed with selenium!
 Brazil nuts, coconut oil, agave nectar & vanilla!
They're delicious. Wonder how long they will last in the house, haha.

Well, I'm off to get ready for class! I hope everybody is having a great Monday morning!!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment