Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life Doesn't Always Go According To Plan!

This morning I made the usual juice and headed off to the shower to get ready for Zumba class.... Rushed, made a protein smoothie (ingredients below) grabbed my shoes & water bottle, and headed out the door.

Protein smoothie:
RAW Protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1 T raw cacao nibs, 2 T Shelled Hemp Seeds
It was a rainy gloomy yucky morning. Got into my car, turned the key... and long story short, I wasn't going to make it to my Zumba class. Diablo (my car) isn't very happy when it's cold and rainy.. and lately, tends to decide he wont drive when the weather upsets him.

So.... I decided I wasn't going to let the gloomy weather & angry car get me down. I decided I'd watch a movie and bake.


Yep, In Her Shoes.

I then became bored. Boredom apparently causes me to become vain...




Haha. Do not ask what I am doing.. because I have no answer.


I actually adapted the recipe a bit from the original. The original is from allrecipes.com.


The ingredients:
1/2 C  Cornmeal
1/2 C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Sea Salt
1/2 C Applesauce
1/2 C Vanilla Soy Milk
1/4 C Agave
2 T Earth Balance (Vegan Margarine), melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl. Add in your wet ingredients. Mix and pour into muffin tins.



Bake for 25 minutes.





Soon it was lunch time and my tummy got to grumbling.. so I made some Raw Spicy Carrot Soup!

Ingredients:
2 raw carrots, peeled and chopped
about 1/8 C of sun dried tomato's, soaked
1/2 a small clove of garlic
a pinch of cayenne pepper
1 T first cold pressed EVOO
1 t Dulse flakes
1 T chia seeds soaked in 1/4 c of water
1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
~ 2/3 c of water
red pepper flakes (garnish)

start by soaking the chia seeds

Then soak your sun dried tomato's

Combine the rest of your ingredients in a blender.
Drain the sun dried tomato's, add to blender.
When your chia seeds are ready, add to blender.

You will know they are ready when they soak up all of the water and form a gel-like substance as shown above.
Blend all untill smooth. If you need to add water to thin it out, do so while in the blender.


This was actually really good and very filling. I didn't get hungry for a snack until about 3.
Had some almonds & an orange...


This is the raw cook book I am using most of my recipes from this week for my dinners. I won't be giving away those recipes because I respect Matthew Kenney and his talents and don't quite think it's right or fair to give away his recipes for free... but I do definitely recommend buying it!

I will however take photos and show you what I've made!

Raw Baked Mac & Cheese!


It was delicious! and warmed up in the dehydrator. Awesome!

Here was my amazing raw dinner:



For Joe's dinner I made some vegan chili. I made a few changes from the original on OhSheGlows.com.

Ingredients:
1 T EVOO
1 Clove Garlic
1/4 C Bell Pepper, chopped
1/4 C Red Pepper, chopped
1/4 C Sweet Onion, chopped
3 Carrots, chopped
1 T Cumin
Sea Salt
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
2 Cans Mixed Beans, rinsed & drained
1 Can Garlic Fire Roasted Tomato's
1/2 C Fresh Button Mushrooms, chopped
1 T Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Juice of 1/2 a Lime

In a large pot, heat EVOO with garlic, peppers, onion, carrots and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Cover, and cook 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally in between.





Serve with Vegan Cornbread Agave muffins :)

Dessert was my the lemon tart I made yesterday :)
Best dessert ever!


I will finally make the Thai Salad tomorrow. Today was a colder day, and cold means I want something warmer. More of a comfort type of meal. Tomorrow is to be sunny and warmer than I've seen yet in Ohio, so it will be a Thai Salad day for sure :)

Hope everybody is doing well!

Have a great night!











No comments:

Post a Comment