Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recent Goodies

It's been about a week since my last post, so I've got a bit of catching up to do!

News with me: Finally looking into actual places to get back into school. I'm kind of deciding between two options. Option 1: Go back to a Community College to finish my Associates (boo) and Option 2: Start immediately in a Culinary program. The thing is, the schools I would prefer to go to are either in Cincinnati or Columbus, both of which are an hour drive. I'm thinking if the classes are twice a week, I wouldn't mind driving the distance to spend the day doing and learning about what I love. I've requested information from the Culinary Schools and am waiting to hear back.

Other news: Joe and I are on a look out for a new car. We are also stuck on two options with that as well. Option 1: Get a cash car that we will plan on trading in.. in a few months, or Option 2: Find a car that we are looking for that will require a loan but will be more economical & reliable... just overall nice. I'm set on a MINI Cooper. Black. Or gunmetal, with a black stripe. But hey... who knows.

And now.. in food news, these are the recent goods:

This is a Pineapple Cilantro Smoothie :)


These are the goods:


That little Pyrex bowl contains fresh Young Thai Coconut water.


Blend all until smooth & enjoy!


That is some Beet Carrot Orange juice. Don't let the word beet frighten you off! It tastes amazing.
Ingredients:
4 carrots
1 orange
1/2 a medium beet

Run everything through the juicer!


I just love the color! That little guy behind it is my Basil plant! I'm super excited. I've had him for about a week now, and today I bought a Rosemary plant. I use them enough that it is beneficial to have the actual plant instead of buying the little box versions that go bad.


This I just ate for dinner. Raw sushi of course!
I made the 'rice' out of my recipe for Rosemary Garlic mashed potatoes... which are actually Jicama. Super yummy, it has just a hint of that sweet taste that sweet sushi rice has. It also has raw cashews! My favorite wonder nut!


I really need sharper knives to cut the rolls, it will be much prettier then.


Lunch anyone?
Yummy Cucumber Avocado Salad with the Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
I realize that these photos are going in absolutely no order at all, I apologize and hope you don't mind!


Here are one of my absolute FAVORITE meals I made this week:



Yep! My first raw pizza!!! I haven't had pizza in SUCH a LONG time! So I was super excited about this. So yummy!

These are my most recent flowers :)
I buy flowers almost weekly to help brighten up the kitchen. I like a cheer-y kitchen area. :)

I'm currently dehydrating some mango's, apples and bananas as snacks throughout the week. I'm planning on making another type of raw pizza this week and also some raw burgers. Probably a few sweets in there as will. I will keep in touch throughout the week!

I hope everybody had a nice weekend!

P.S. I was told that the comments section wasn't working under my posts, I made a few changes, so hopefully it works! Wouldn't mind a few 'testing' comments! :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment