Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fennel Findings & Strawberry Pudding!

I've seen fennel randomly in all sorts of recipes. So I asked Joe to buy me some last weekend... and didn't know what the heck to do with it once I had it! Today I found a neat fennel tart recipe that I plan on trying tomorrow, but earlier in the week I could pretty much only find salad recipes. I didn't use a recipe, rather I got 'ideas' from random places and here is what I came up with:

Salad 1:


The ingredients! Spinach, Jicama, Sweet Onion, Cucumber, FENNEL, an Orange + the dressing ingredients, lemon juice, EVOO & Mrs. Dash!


I was surprised by the taste of the fennel. I had no idea what it would taste like, but it has almost a minty-sweet taste to it. Pretty good.

Salad 2:

This one was made with Spinach, Jicama, Apples, Cranberries and chopped Almonds. The dressing was made with a bit of Orange Juice, salt & pepper, and EVOO.

Not sure which one I liked best, they were both pretty darn good though. :)
I have enough fennel for tomorrow. I'm going to marinate it. Curious if it will make it softer. I will let you know!!

Strawberry Pudding with "make it yourself" Almond Milk

Ingredients:
4-5 raw almonds
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 medium organic strawberries
1 pitted date
2 Tbsp chia seeds
about 1/4 cup filtered water

Combine your water, raw almonds & vanilla extract. Blend! For about 5 minutes. I used one of these mini blenders. 
Voila, raw almond milk ;) 
I finally found some organic strawberries. I've been looking for them for weeks... I have absolutely no clue why it's so difficult to find them here. 
Yum. That guy to the right is my date! :)

Combine the rest of your ingredients and blend.

Yummy. 

Would you like a bite??


In other news.... We are on the search for my new car! Should have it before the weekend is over!
Wish me luck!
Also, tomorrow will make 8 months since Joe & I have been married.
Life is pretty darn crazy!

To come tomorrow:
Raw Pancakes
Raw Cookie Dough Balls
Raw Fennel Tart
And a few other things!

Have a beautiful night. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment