Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cukoo for Coconuts!

So.. here's the deal.
Yesterday I ate an enormous amount of candy. The previous days, I've been drinking a glass of wine with dinner a few times in the week. Which is fine, there's nothing wrong with moderation..right? Well.. I'm not so sure. I've noticed I'm becoming progressively more lethargic and tired each day this week. Which isn't good. I haven't been eating candy hardly at all, but last night was surely enough to cover me for the entire year. "Candy" to me is anything processed, filled with refined sugars, artificial flavorings, high fructose corn syrup crap. I have no issues with having sweets/desserts, as long as they are natural. Anyways, point is, I could feel it taking a toll on me this morning.

Sooo, this morning, a Green Monster went down (I will make a blog about these soon!), and I decided no more wine/candy for at least a week. I want to completely remove candy from my diet, I don't know why chewy gummy crapness is so attractive to me some days! Wine I will re-introduce.. But if I can stay away from garbage candy (again... I feel these are different than desserts/sweets) then that would be ideal!

Off to the gym we went for a very serious workout, which left me completely depleted at the end.. We came home and I decided to try making a fresh coconut meat smoothie.. but first...
I ate massive amounts of watermelon. Hydration, hydration!

Now.. for the coconut cracking...
This is a young coconut. Attempt number one was a fail. I attempted several more times..
Then I called Joe.
Ta-daa!
Coconut water anyone?
I scraped the meat out.

Cleaned it. Oh yummy.

Threw in a bit of these bad boys... (rough estimates = a pinch of Sea salt, a tsp vanilla and 2tbsp of raw blue green agave... though regular plain ol' agave should work fine)

It was pretty good. Next time I'd throw in some frozen pineapple chunks though!


Coconuts make you cukoo :)



Peek at dinner?
The recipe is from http://www.ohsheglows.com/, These "Pizza's" are sooooo yummy. My favorite. The only thing different I do is I add more water to the cashew basil cheese. It smooths it out quite a bit :)

So, I do plan on making the Green Monster blog, possibly tomorrow. I intended to do it this morning but forgot. Blame it on the candy.

Any other suggestions/requests for what type of blog to make? I also was considering making a "what's in my fridge" type of deal...

Let me know what you think! :)

<3

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut, i'm def gonna try this one out. I've always wondered exactly what a green monster was, lol. Can't wait to find out. :)

    ReplyDelete